Flaxseed Oil For Hair Benefits
You will be simply amazed by the numerous hair health benefits that consuming flaxseed on a regular basis entails. Here is a list of benefits entailed by flaxseed oil for hair.
- Helps enhance moisture content: If you are struggling with frizzy hair, flaxseed oil can be your savior. flaxseed oil’s composition is similar to castor oil but it gets deeply absorbed in your hair. This makes your hair manageable and flaxseed oil can also act as an indirect styling aid.
- Helps deter acne issues on the scalp: flaxseed oil helps in preventing scalp issues such as acne. Many oils, including coconut oil, are comedogenic. Hence when they are applied on your forehead or skin, they may cause blackheads. The flaxseed oil for hair is extremely light which makes it perfect for applying on your scalp without worrying about acne.
- Helps maintain healthy hair: the omega-3 fatty acids present in flaxseed oil can help in strengthening your hairs. It is one of the highly rich sources of omega-3 and if you have dry hair or flaky scalp, it is highly recommended that you use flaxseed oil for hair regularly.
- Helps fight dandruff: The chemical composition of flaxseed oil makes it an excellent anti-inflammatory ingredient that you can put in your hair. the amino acids present in flaxseed oil have the potential of fighting harmful bacteria and keeping dandruff at bay.
- Enhances hair elasticity: Flaxseed oil is a rich source of vitamin E, B1, B2, B6, and biotin. these compounds are well known for their hair benefitting properties and drastically improve the texture of your hair.
- Conditions your hair: Since flaxseeds are loaded with essential nutrients, it provides all-around conditioning for your hair and prevents breakage and split-ends. It also binds to the moisture and keeps your hair smooth.
- Fights free radicals in your scalp: Flaxseed oil is rich in antioxidants that help in fighting free radicals in your scalp and ensures optimal scalp health. the vitamin E present in flaxseed oil helps promote healthier and stronger development of the hair follicles.
The nutrient composition of flaxseed oil makes it perfect for use in hair care remedies. Research is already underway to identify more benefits of flaxseed oil for hair. But, how to make flaxseed oil for hair growth? Below is everything you need to know.